Thursday, September 8, 2011

Saddle Up!

Back on the horse! Time to saddle up! There are several reasons me not running the full in Tupelo was a good idea, but the two main ones are this: 1. I prevented myself from further injury 2. I am able to get back on the horse and back to training much quicker.

This week, I'm taking it easy. I'll admit it's nice because after the long, hot, sweaty summer, my brain kind of needs a break. A break from training is great for the body, but you shouldn't neglect the mind! I walked earlier in the week, taught my spin class yesterday and went out for a 6 mile run this morning. I had a great run - nothing fast or fancy, but just good ole fun with two great friends, which is a big part of why we run. After not running a whole lot these last two weeks, it was great to be back out. It was also great to enjoy temps in the 50's!!! This is what we've been waiting for people! I barely sweated, and I didn't even use Body Glide! We are embarking on my favorite time of the year to run. Bring me the 20's, I don't mind!

So the rest of the week will be easy, social runs. I'm looking forward to some extra sleep and some extra rest on the legs. The goal of a week like this is to make me ready to get back to serious training. To make me want and need to run. I better be ready, because on Tuesday, Houston starts. We will start with a 30 minute time trial Tuesday morning. I don't know what the rest of the week holds, but right now, I am ok with just knowing about Tuesday. Nothing about a 30 minute time trial sounds easy or comfortable. But, like I always say, and this could be my mantra, "if it was easy, everyone would do it." This won't be easy, and that's why not everyone does it. So, I say bring it on!

It's time to get the saddle ready because it's time to get on the horse! I'll be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment