two steps forward, one step back. or it's more like one step forward, two steps back.
first i wasn't physically recovered from vegas. then i was, and started getting back on track. now, i don't want to run! ha! i had a good week last week. 35 miles, taught 3 spin classes, and did a lot of stretching and some walking even. i was taking it easy, feel good, and ready to train! this week, i don't wanna run, and my leg feel tight again. i will, and must, get through this emotional hurdle.
things i'm repeating in my head to motivate myself.
- new orleans will be my 9th marathon - something to be proud of and to celebrate
- don't worry about the PR on this one, just keep running
- lots of friends will be there, i don't wanna miss the FUN!
- continued marathon training means more king cake for me!
- the rotten ex will be there to attempt another marathon - i can beat him! (ok so that one is mean, but you know you think it too!)
new orleans is the scene of the crime of 2008. the place where i hit the wall. where i succombed to complete burnout. where at mile 14, i took off my number and walked back to the finish area. where i shed tears over my quickness to wimp out. where i was utterly disappointed that despite being in the best shape of my life, i would not be smashing that PR. could these things be the cause of the motivational and mental struggle? with me, yes!
maybe it's time to find a cool new running gadget.