Thursday, June 9, 2011

vacation and tupelo

the heat has taken the wind of my sail and put the block in my writing. it's hard to write about running when it's the same old story - it's hot. i will not dwell on the heat in this post, just like i'm not dwelling on the heat in my training.

since i last wrote, let's see, i've been running, went on a vacation and switched over to the dark side.

with the record temps these last few weeks, coach james has had me pull back a bit on my paces, including holding off on tempo runs for a while. we have had above average temps here lately and even at 5 a.m. it's tough. i have also started my build for tupelo. it's been a while since i've done more than 12 miles, and well, next week i will get to run 14 again. i have kinda missed it. i have a close relationship with a long run
the best part of my hiatus from blogging was my short vacation to the beau rivage. terri and i went down for 2 nights and 3 days of bliss. we ate, napped, sunned, napped, ate, sunned, watched movies, sunned, ate, napped, ate, napped, etc. you get the idea. it was a wonderful relaxing weekend full of my favorite indulgences. we spent two amazing days at the pool and got some good rest, and ended the trip with a amazing massage. i came back savagely tan, relaxed, and possibly 5 pounds heavier.


lastly, i switched over to the dark side. i am now all mac. i purchased a macbook pro, and just like i was one of those with the iphone, i am now one of those with a macbook. i'm in love. once you go mac, you never go back. it sure made my class today much more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment